In 2011 the White Bluff Chapel Trustees established a new sub-committee under the Membership Care Committee - Special Needs. It is called the Care-Giving Sub-committee. This committee is responsible for establishing and coordinating a care-giving ministry group that will:
- Take members to doctors’ appointments in the local area and provide other transportation needs for those unable to drive themselves or who ask for assistance.
- Sit with shut-ins and let them know the WB Chapel family cares for them. Provide comfort and inspiration by reading scripture or other appropriate material to those who are losing their eye sight.
- Ensure that flowers are sent, in the name of White Bluff Chapel, to the memorial services of deceased members.
- Contact families of deceased members to request permission to include their names on the Chapel Deceased Member plaque. The Committee is also responsible for having names engraved and added to the plaque.
- Contact existing members who are ill, homebound, or bereaved through phone calls and/or cards and letters.
As expected, the call to serve on the committee was met with a sincere and generous response from the White Bluff Chapel membership. Here are the people who have volunteered for the Care Giving Subcommittee:
- Sub-Committee Chairperson: Patty Turner
- Committee members: Dottie Redding, Sandy Cannon, Sandy Moore, Caroline Upchurch, Rosanne Smith, Carrie Hicks, Sara Edwards, Harold Edwards, Jim Browder
Happily, our committee members have not been very busy since the subcommittee was formed. However, it may be due to the fact that people don’t know we are available to help. Also, we suspect that many of the most giving and generous people associated with this chapel are some of the last ones to tell others when they need help. Please don’t let your pride get in the way of asking for help when you need it!
In summary, remember that we are there for you when you need help. We also encourage you to formally join our small but mighty band of care givers. Anyone interested in joining our subcommittee should email Patty Turner or call her at 694-5803.